“PhotoLab apps” typically refers to a mobile app called “Photo Lab Picture Editor.” PhotoLab Picture Editor is an application that allows users to edit and enhance their photos using various filters, effects, and creative elements. The app is designed to make photo editing easy and fun, even for users who may not have extensive experience with image editing software.
Features of PhotoLab Picture Editor:
- Filters and Effects: The app offers a wide range of filters and effects that can transform ordinary photos into artistic or visually stunning images.
- Face Photo Montages: Users can create amusing or creative face photo montages by adding their faces to various templates and scenes.
- Artistic Effects: Photo Lab often includes artistic effects that can make your photos look like paintings, sketches, or other artistic creations.
- Frames and Collages: Users can add frames and create collages to showcase multiple photos in a single image.
- Text and Captioning: The app may provide tools for adding text, captions, or funny quotes to your photos.
- Easy Sharing: Photo Lab usually allows users to easily share their edited photos on social media platforms or with friends.
Here are a few popular Photolab apps
Neural Photo Art Styles
A new smart and quick way to turn any photo into an artwork — choose from over 50 pre-set styles and experience advanced photo editing with the emergence of a photo style.
Whether aiming to accentuate a beloved memory or add a polished finish to your photo, our diverse collection of exquisite photo frames provides the ideal solution. Choose one of our beautiful frames and add a final touch to your favourite picture.
Realistic photo effects
This photo editor offers a range of captivating photo effects that can transform ordinary images into extraordinary visual creations. By applying these effects, you can add depth and character to your photos, turning simple snapshots into stunning works of art.
Face photo montages
Swap face easily and turn yourself or your friend into a cartoon character, a doll or any other look. The most complicated photo montages are handled automatically by a face detection algorithm to create the most unusual selfies.
Photo background editor
Use this advanced picture editor to easily and quickly erase and change the backgrounds of your selfie with many creative background templates.
You don’t need a pro photo editor to add some style to your images. Use various photo filters such as 3d photos, cartoons, vintage, anime, black and white, oil painting and many more to create different moods and atmospheres in your photos.
Create a wonderful picture collage. Seamlessly combine multiple images to craft captivating visual narratives that tell a story beyond a single frame.
Make your image look creative in seconds without using a professional picture editor and set it as a profile pic, share it to any social network or send a signed virtual postcard to friends.
Please note that Photo Lab is an Internet-based application. It helps us keep your devices’ memory free from tons of resources required to create high-quality artwork of your photos.
Photo Lab as an AI photo editor offers everything you want to enhance your photo and add originality to your selfie. Bring your creativity to life and edit photos with our face filters and stylish photo effects.
Reviews by Robin Taylor
UPDATE: The editor promptly contacted me and advised we d to X out of the premium offer and continue to use the app for free. I’m upgrading my review from a 1 to a 5 because I love using the app!!! Don’t install. There’s no place to cancel the charge of $7.99. I tried, but there’s no cancellation. I want to cancel and not be charged. I tried to cancel immediately upon installation. I don’t want this app and don’t want to be chatted!!! (Best Photolab apps)
Reviews by Michelle Martin
I initially gave this 5 stars. I don’t normally buy apps but I pad for this one and have had it for a long time. However, they changed things and now all the images start with AI-generated pics and don’t have the artistic looks on them unless you do extensive work yourself to add all that in by yourself in another layer. I may end my subscription this next month. It’s useless. I can do this better in other apps.
== KEY FEATURES==
• 29 Tools and Filters, including Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, and Perspective (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Save your looks and apply them to new photos later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
== TOOLS, FILTERS AND FACE ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak RAW DNG files; save non-destructively or export as JPG
• Tune image – adjust exposure and colour automatically or manually with fine, precise control
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
• Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
• Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colours so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renowned “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, and the algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbour from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide aperture would do
• Text – add both stylized or plain text
• Curves – have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
• Expand – increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with the content of your image
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, mid-tones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images (6 styles)
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain
• Vintage – the style of colour film photos from the ’50s, ’60s or ’70s
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, and film styles
• Noir – Black and White film looks with realistic grain and the “wash” effect
• Black & White – classic Black and White look straight out of the darkroom
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size
• Double Exposure – blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by digital image processing
• Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin
• Face Pose – correct the pose of portraits based on three-dimensional models
Review by Ethan Poole
Great app, that got me into photography and digital editing, with lots of unique features separate from Google Photos, and tutorials (that could use an update) that teach you the basics of stylistic photo editing. My two small complaints are that I think choosing to edit a photo with Snapseed in the Google Photos edit menu should open up the actual app, and the app’s icon doesn’t have a themed app icon (although that feature is still in beta). Overall an amazing app that I use a lot.(Best Photolab apps)
Review by Heather Stevens
I’ve used this app for years and lately, when I open my photo in the app, it suddenly looks dull and cool-toned, unsaturated. So then as I edit to compensate, and then save, my copy saved is over-saturated etc! So frustrating and unreliable! This has been my favorite editing app for years but after so long with no update or fix to this, I might have to look elsewhere. (Best Photolab apps)
Creating a photo collage can be a fun and creative way to display a collection of photos. There are various tools and methods you can use to make photo collages, ranging from simple manual methods to more advanced digital techniques. Here are a few ways you can create photo collages:
1. Manual Collage:
- Supplies Needed:
- Poster board or canvas
- Glue or double-sided tape
- Print or gather the photos you want to use.
- Arrange and organize the photos on the poster board or canvas.
- Once satisfied with the layout, glue or tape the photos in place.
- Allow the collage to dry completely.
2. Digital Collage:
- Adobe Photoshop, GIMP (free alternative), Canva, etc.
- Open your chosen software.
- Create a new document or open a blank canvas.
- Import your photos into the document.
- Arrange and resize the photos as desired.
- Add text, shapes, or other elements if you wish.
- Save or export the collage.
3. Online Collage Makers:
- Canva, BeFunky, Fotor, etc.
- Visit the website of the online collage maker.
- Upload your photos.
- Choose a template or create your layout.
- Customize as needed, adding text or other elements.
- Save or download the collage.
4. Mobile Apps:
- Instagram Layout, PicCollage, Adobe Spark Post, etc.
- Download and install the collage-making app.
- Select the photos you want to use.
- Choose a layout or create your own.
- Customize with filters, stickers, or text.
- Save or share the collage.
- Theme: Decide on a theme or purpose for your collage to give it a cohesive look.
- Layout: Experiment with different arrangements before finalizing your collage.
- Consistency: Maintain a consistent style, color scheme, or border if you want a unified look.
- Digital Editing: Adjust brightness, contrast, or apply filters for a polished finish.
Choose the method that best suits your preferences and the tools you have available. Whether it’s a physical or digital collage, the key is to have fun and express your creativity!